Communique from Kumeyaay Defense Against the Wall
July 17, 2020
Chronicle of Events:
- 7:06AM Border Patrol told us to move
- 8:00AM we shut down an exit and was told that they were going to shut down construction. We rallied and moved to a new location to aid others down the wall
- 9:00 “Supervisors,” told us that they’re not going to work today while there was still construction happening at Camp Lockett
- 10:00 We were blockaded by CONSTRUCTION WORKERS WITH A TRACTOR, DIRT HAULER, AND THEY MOVED THE BORDER WALL TO BLOCKADE US.
- 10:15 We blockaded the entrance so more construction equipment couldn’t get in
- 10:30??? We were told that there would be no more construction for the day. We escorted big rigs, dirt haulers, tractors, lifters, rhinos, quads off the construction site
- 11?? We continued to check and make sure that the border wall was NOT being constructed. Drove down another couple miles to escort more machinery off border wall construction site.
- 12:30 the last of the big rigs are escorted.
- ~1:00 Patrolling the border to see if we really did stop construction. (Which we did).
THIS WAS MY INDIGENOUS REALITY. THERE ARE MANY MORE KUMEYAAY STORIES OUT THERE. WE WERE ONE OF MANY KUMEYAAYS, ALLIES, AND SUPPORTERS.
WE APPRECIATE DEFUNDSDPD SO MUCH. THANK YOU BLM FOR THE FACE MASKS. THANK YOU EVERYONE WHO HAS CONTRIBUTED TO OUR FIGHT. WE ARE STILL HERE. WE ARE STILL KUMEYAAY. WE WILL BE PRAYING FOR THE ANCESTORS AND MANY OTHERS.
SPREAD THE WORD. We need eyes on Kumeyaay land !!!
Videos can be seen along with ongoing posts at: https://www.instagram.com/kumeyaaydefenseagainstthewall/